The Struggle--A Thrift Store Purchase


The Struggle—A Thrift Store Purchase

It all began while happily sorting through the potential gems of the Unique Thrift Store on Montrose and Sheridan (my favorite thrift spot in the city) when I came upon a find that was first score and now challenge.  To only describe this item wouldn’t do it justice, so for your benefit note the picture below :)

 

No, you’re eyes are not deceiving you, those are polyester, high-waisted cullotes popular in some long abandoned section of the 80s best not to be remembered, but I’m telling you these things spoke to me…and so did their $5 sales tag.  With such an alignment I couldn’t say no and quickly a Look Book of possibilities began flipping through my mind.  “So, what’s the problem?” you might be asking.  Well like most things we idolize, they were better in my mind.  See picture below. 



Look, they hit right above my knee in a way that’s not really flattering and their high-waistedness is a little too high-waisted (something I never thought possible) making it difficult to pair with anything currently in my wardrobe.  As you might be able to tell, I love a deal, so the idea of going out to buy a top that will most likely be more expensive than these kinda takes the fun out of the find, you know?  Any who, in the pictures I paired them with a cropped black tank top, which was the first look in my imaginary Look Book, however because of the height of the waist, the cropped top is too long and had to be folded up to look not crazy.  And yet, crazy it still looks!  But no matter being the hardheaded woman I am, I refuse to give up on these cullotes, I just don’t know what to do next!!!  If there are any ideas out there please comment below and HELP, for God’s sake help me with these damn beautiful and frustrating things!

Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Maybe the culottes need to be re-purposed into something else????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...have thought about lowering the waist a cinch? I think maybe if you took out the pockets too and then closed them, it would help with how they fall from your waist :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment