Gifts from Decade Tre--The Perfect Parfait

So, its been awhile (oops to that) since the last post has gone up and no it hasn't been for lack of content, its just mostly wading through an overwhelming amount of procrastination, which has led to me turning 30 and moving into a whole other decade in the meantime, humph.  I feel like this is the moment to make a promise about getting better at blogging and posting content all the way around but...getting back to 30.

I like it here, its like the moment my eyes opened on April 2nd, the world became new again.  I felt the entitlement of doing whatever the hell I want rush over me and the Grown Womanness Beyonce always remarks upon bathe me in its golden glow of self-acceptance, along with the basic sense that I shouldn't give all the f*cks I've given before because...I do what I want!

The other side to that is, there's more bodily maintenance in Decade Tre, which I felt coming on as my Twenties closed in on their final lap.  Waking up I feel lower back pain (I now have a back support pillow in my Amazon cart), so stretching has now become a mandatory morning thing along with drinking plenty of water to help me feel less like Sponge Bob roasting on a sidewalk under a hot summer sun and more...you know human, which includes better choices in eating.  Now, I heard all the wise women before me talk on how I should enjoy the crap food I was eating while I could cause those days of bouncing back from heartburn inducing burgers would soon be behind me and guess what, those heifers were right!  Which has led me to a discovery to end all discoveries, the fast food parfait!  So yes, I may be late to the game on this one but I'm so deep into this love that I had to shout it out, and this very special shout-out goes to Panera Bread.  Panera, you sweet saucy b*tch, thank you for the greatest combination of granola, strawberries and low-fat yogurt a girl could hope for and a to-go container that's so logistically sound I bet you a Gates Foundation recipient is behind the design.  And really, what did I expect from Panera, everything about you is perfect and delicious all the time so sheah, thanks for that.  And in reading that they use Stonyfield Farms yogurt, you have me all the way wrapped-up, in addition to using REAL strawberries and none of the frozen or candied stuff your competitors use, I'm yours.  The price, however, of your delectable treat does give me some pause when considering a fast healthier option.  It's like I have to re-evaluate my weekly budget and that's where the other options come into play...mainly McDonald's.  So, Chez McDo (as Jamela so cleverly dubs them) is home to the $1 parfait and really that's it right there.  So yeah, the fruit may be a little more candied than one would hope, and the yogurt might be a more thickened version of ice cream if anything but, I like it and it makes me and the pocketbook feel better about ourselves, and its a choice that lessens the threat of heartburn so double plus.  All this to say, I never really thought I'd be into yogurt like this.  I used to see it as a sign of aging and just eating something for the sheer nutritional benefit of it, but now either as a defense mechanism against the possible truth of my younger self's skepticism or the health gods are taking my body hostage, I embrace it.  I'm still on the look out for a more delicious and nutritious parfait and other yummy healthy snacks that'll do me good so please if you have anything you wanna shout out, do it below!

Laters

Comments